Orthodox Christian Network brings you news of events and people important to the life of the Orthodox Church around the world. OCN highlights media organizations that track these important stories.
Like many Orthodox Christians, you may be wondering about how to understand Christian Persecution and how to get involved. “The public is oblivious to what is going on in the birthplace of Christianity. It is horrifying; Martyrs are being made by the hundreds every day. The Christians Right and Freedom Ministry of St. Katherine Greek Orthodox Church has compiled a list of 8 recommended books that one must read:
1. ‘They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It’, by Brigitte Gabriel
5 Steps: How You Can Help in Defense of Persecuted Christians
The co-chairs of the Christian Rights and Freedom Ministry (Dr. Harry Dimopoulos, Archon Harry Demas and Richard Pappas) and Father Philemon Patitsas of St. Katherine Greek orthodox Church (Naples, FL) invite your questions and involvement. The following 7 steps can assist you in ‘Uplifting Christ and Witnessing for Our Faith in the Face of Radical Extremism.
1. Preserve Our Christian Identity
- Align our minds and hearts with God’s calling. See Christ in others.
- Glorify God daily; PRAY, fast & give alms.
- Identify empathetically with the plight of persecuted Christians of the world.
2. Organize Ourselves for Success
- Establish Christian Rights and Freedom ministries in communities throughout America. Do you belong to one?
- Organize local events & initiatives to educate, advocate, defend & counteract the antagonists of our faith.
3. Educate Ourselves and Others
- ’Know Ourselves’ – Study our history, faith & culture
- Develop clear policy positions so the public knows where we stand.
- Expose misinformation to the light of truth.
4. Dialogue with the Public
- Network with people concerned about the rise of Islamofascism.
- Boycott producers of products that may be underwriting radical extremism & terrorism, such as oil produced by certain member states.
- Advocate for energy self-sufficiency for America, and alternative energy sourcing options.
- Advocate withholding foreign aid and military assistance to countries that are not aligned with our national interests.
5. Stand Up for Ourselves
- Establish “Anti-Defamation Teams’ to challenge offensive remarks.
- Petition officials who have the ability to influence public policy.
- Advocate for economic sanctions; exercise our freedom of assembly.
ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN NETWORK
Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) is a 501(c)3 and an official agency of the Assembly of Canonical Bishops of the United States of America . It is a recognized leader in the Orthodox Media field and has sustained consistent growth over twenty-two years. We have worked to create a community for both believers and non believers alike by sharing the timeless faith of Orthodoxy with the contemporary world through modern media. We are on a mission to inspire Orthodox Christians Worldwide. We have reached 5.7 Million People in One Week and we want to reach millions more! Signup to receive our newsletter email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you find it hard to keep focused on Christ when you’re on the go? OCN makes it easy! You can be inspired daily by the OCN programming from where ever you are by plugging into our Listen, Read, Watch , Wors
Much like public radio, the Orthodox Christian Network relies on the support of our listeners, readers, volunteers, and fans. If you are interested in supporting our work, you can send your sustaining gift by direct mail, over the phone, or on our website. Your gift will ensure the continued growth of this encouraging Orthodox Community by providing faith-building, free, high-quality programming. Give today to help you and your Orthodox community stay connected no matter the location.
ORTHODOX MOBILE APPS ARE HERE!
Click here to download the Spark OCN and Orthodox Prayer Book.
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. OCN is on Social Media! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube,