Harry Dimopoulos is Chairman of the Christian Rights and Freedom Ministry at St. Katherine Greek orthodox Church in Naples, Florida.
Preserving Religious Freedom in a Fractured World
The Christian Rights and Freedom Institute has recently announced its exceptional 2016-2017 program. The important theme for its 2016 / 2017 season, ‘Defending Religious Freedom in a Fractured World’, is kicked off with the showing of the movie, ‘OBSESSION’ on Thursday, November 3 at 7 p.m. EST.
The Christian Rights & Freedom Institute, celebrating its 3rd season of program, has assembled an award winning line-up of presenters for its 2016 / 2017 season. Founded by Father Philemon Patitsas, Dr. Harry Dimopoulos, Archon Harry Demas, Richard Pappas and the parish of St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church in Naples, Florida, this incredible series features ten stimulating events:
- Movie Night: ‘OBSESSION’ explores growing Islamist theology among Muslins in the West, the rejection of notions of tolerance & inclusion, and the role of jihad (the religious duty of Muslims to engage in a Holy War agains infidels. The movie will be shown on Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 7 p.m. EST.
- KrisAnne Hall, Constitutional Attorney and Author. Ms. Hall will be speaking on Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. EST on the “Foundations of Religious Liberty in America”.
- Amy Tardif, WGCU Radio News Director; Rev. Vann Ellison, CEO of St. Matthew’s House; & Dr. Johnny McGaha, HTRC Director, FGCU. On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. EST, the presenters will be discussing “The Horrors of Human Trafficking”.
- Robert Levy, Chairman of the world-renown CATO Institute. Mr. Levy will be addressing the subject: “Has the Supreme Court Subverted the Constitution”.
- Richard Thompson, President of the Thomas More Law Center. On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EST, Mr. Thompson will be discussing “Challenges in the Assimilation of Muslims into the US Community and Culture”.
- Dr. George Demacopoulo, Professor of Theology, Fordham University. On Tuesday, February 21, 2017, Professor Demacopoulo will be addressing “The Role of Hellenism and Early Christianity in the Quest for Religious Liberty”.
- Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, MD, President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy. On Wednesday, February 22, 2017, Dr. Jasser will be discussing ‘Identifying The Enemy: Radical Islamist Terror’.
- Movie Night: ‘The Cruel Night’. On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7 p.m., the highly regarded ‘The Cruel Night’ will present the historical events from the 1955 Program against the Greeks of Constantinople’.
- Jennifer Marshall, Vice President, The Heritage Foundation. On Tuesday March 21 at 3:30 pm. EST, Ms. Marshall will address “Are Christian Values Lost in Today’s Educational Environment?”.
- Annual Symposium: Shibley Telhami, University of Maryland; Stuart Roth, American Center for Law and Justice; Andrew J. Tabler, The Washington Institute. On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 3 p.m. EST, Mr. Telhami, Mr. Roth and Mr. Tabler will be discussing “Will We Allow Fundamentalist Islamic Ideology to Overwhelm our Judeo-Christian Culture?”.
The cost to attend the entire series is $40 per person or $60 per couple, and includes the Christian Rights and Freedom Institute’s annual symposium on April 1, 2017. Please note, the cost for non-members is $10 per event, except the annual Symposium which is $30.
All events will be hosted in the St. Katherine Cultural Hall located at 7100 Airport Road North, Naples, FL 34109. To RSVP by October 23, please call (239) 465-4311 or email ChristianRightsandFreedom@gmail.com
The Christian Rights & Freedom Institute has extended an invitation to attend its launch party on Tuesday, October 25, 2016, to celebrate the start of its 3rd membership season, and enable attendees to learn more about the series.
Please visit the St. Katherine website, www.stkatherine.net and click on the Christian Rights & Freedom Institute link to become e member or call (239) 465-4341. Payment can be conveniently be made via credit card or PayPal.
To download the summary of the excellent programming for the Christian Rights and Freedom Institute and launch party invitation, please click below.
- Christian Rights and Freedom Institute 2016-2017 Season
- Christian Righs and Freedom Institute Invitation for Launch Party for 2016-2017 on October 25, 2016
About the Christian Rights & Freedom Ministry
The co-chairs of the Christian Rights and Freedom Ministry (Dr. Harry Dimopoulos, Archon Harry Demas and Richard Pappas) and Father Philemon Patitsas of St. Katherine Greek Orthodox Church (Naples, FL) invite your questions and involvement. The following 7 steps can assist you in “Uplifting Christ, Witnessing for Our Faith in the Face of Radical Extremism”:
1. Preserve Our Christian Identity Align our minds and hearts with God’s calling. See Christ in others. Glorify God daily; PRAY, fast & give alms. Identify empathetically with the plight of persecuted Christians of the world.
2. Organize Ourselves for Success Establish Christian Rights and Freedom ministries in communities throughout America. Do you belong to one? Organize local events & initiatives to educate, advocate, defend & counteract the antagonists of our faith.
3. Educate Ourselves and Others ‘Know Ourselves’ – Study our history, faith & culture; Develop clear policy positions so the public knows where we stand; Expose misinformation to the light of truth.
4. Dialogue with the Public Network with people concerned about the rise of Islamofascism; Boycott producers of products that may be underwriting radical extremism & terrorism, such as oil produced by certain member states; Advocate for energy self-sufficiency for America, and alternative energy sourcing options; Advocate withholding foreign aid and military assistance to countries that are not aligned with our national interests.
5. Stand Up for Ourselves Establish “Anti-Defamation Teams’ to call out Christophobes; Petition officials who have the ability to influence public policy; Advocate for economic sanctions; exercise our freedom of assembly.
6. Invest in the Cause Donate to organizations that help the oppressed and promote the preservation of Western culture and values; Fund infrastructure & activities that advance the cause of Christian Rights & Freedom.
7. Purchase a ‘I Too Am a Nazarene’ pin Purchase a ‘I Too Am a Nazarene’ pin to benefit persecuted Christians and refugees in the Middle East Conflict. The Arabic letter “N” has been painted by ISIS/ISIL to target the homes of Christians for expulsion and obliteration. The symbol “N” stands for ‘Nazarene’ signifying that its residents are followers of Jesus of Nazareth. Pins are on sale through the St. Katherine Greek Orthodox church’s website. Pins are one inch square, and sell for $5 each, plus shipping and handling, shipping is waived for orders over 50 pins. To order pins, please contact ChristianRelief7100@gmail.com or visit http://stkatherine.net All proceeds from pin sales will be directed to the International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) Middle East Fund to aid these suffering people. IOCC has had a continual presence in that part of the world almost since its inception in 1992, and was chosen as the recipient because its effectiveness in providing relief to the suffering people of the Middle East.
About the Christian Rights & Freedom Institute
The Christian Rights and Freedom Institute’s leadership includes Dr. Harry Dimopoulos, Chairman, Father Philemon Patitsas, Presiding Priest, and His Eminence Metropolitan Alexios, Presiding Hierarch.
To learn about the Christian Rights & Freedom Institute, please visit http://stkatherine.net.
ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN NETWORK
The Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) is an official agency of the Assembly of Canonical Bishops of the United States of America, originally commissioned by SCOBA to create a national, sustainable, and effective media witness for Orthodox Christianity and seekers around the world through media ministry. CLICK HERE to download our brochure.
This 501(c)3 is recognized as a leader in the Orthodox Media field and has sustained consistent growth over twenty years. OCN shares the timeless faith of Orthodoxy with the contemporary world through modern media. We are on a mission to inspire Orthodox Christians Worldwide. We have reached 5.7 Million People in One Week. Much like public radio, the Orthodox Christian Network relies on the support of our listeners, readers, and fans. If you are interested in supporting our work, you can send your gift by direct mail, over the phone, or on our website. Your gift will ensure that OCN may continue to offer free, high-quality, Orthodox media.
Do you find it hard to keep focused on Christ when you’re on the go? OCN makes it easy! Give today to help you and your Orthodox community stay connected no matter the location.
ORTHODOX MOBILE APPS ARE HERE!
Click here to download the Spark OCN and Orthodox Prayer Book.
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. OCN is on Social Media! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube,