Inspired by the Department of Religious Education of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, the Orthodox Christian Network features Great Books, Music & Teaching Publications featured in the Orthodox Christian Resource Catalog. The Catalog is a publication of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Department of Religious Education. All items featured can be purchased by downloading the Orthodox Christian Resource Catalog or by using use the fillable order form.
Great Classroom Resources & Supplements
Preschool and Elementary School Students
Looking for excellent classroom resources and supplements for PreSchool and Elementary Schools All in One Bible Fun?
The Abingdon Press has created an outstanding teaching library to supplement your textbooks with a collections of 13 complete lessons, which include Bible stories, activities, crafts and reproducibles.
A partial list and summary of these excellent publications includes:
- Preschool: Favorite Bible Stories
- Lessons include Jacob’s Ladder, Joseph, Ruth, David and Jonathan, and five of Jesus’s parables. 139 pages. (Ages 3–6)
- Elementary School: Fruit of the Spirit
- Lessons include not only the fruit of the Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22–23, but also other Christian virtues such as honesty, forgiveness, obedience, and responsibility. 139 pages. (Ages 7–10)
- My Little Orthodox Christian Activity Book by Mother Andrea
- These fun, informative games and puzzles focus on Orthodox life, holy days, religious objects and symbols, and rich traditions of the cultures that make up Orthodoxy. Spiral bound, 80 pages. (Ages 5–9)
- Bible Fun Activity Book by Yuko Green
- Chock-full of crosswords, mazes, word searches, hidden pictures, and other activities. Each of the 35 puzzles includes a caption with an Old Testament Bible chapter and verse. (Ages 7–10)
HOW TO ORDER FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
To learn more about these excellent publications and how to order, visit religioused.goarch.org; and view new releases and seasonal flyers, browse or download the Orthodox Christian Resource Catalog and fillable order forms. To order, call (800) 566-1088, fax (617) 850-1489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on behalf of Dr. Anton C. Vrame, Phd, Director, Department of Religious Education.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION OF THE GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE
The mission of the Department of Religious Education is to serve the parishes and dioceses of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America by providing materials and services that will advance their programs of religious education.
The Department also serves individuals, organizations, military bases, ecumenical groups, and overseas parishes with catechetical resources that advance the spiritual admonition to:
“Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ”
2 Peter 3:18
To learn more about the Department of Religious Education of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, click here.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION DIRECTOR – DR. ANTON C. VRAME
Anton C. Vrame, Ph.D., is Director of the Department of Religious Education of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. He was appointed Director of the Department by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios, effective January 1, 2007. Dr. Vrame is Adjunct Associate Professor of Religious Education at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology.
He is the author of The Educating Icon: Teaching Wisdom and Holiness in the Orthodox Way (Holy Cross Orthodox Press). In this book, he proposes a theory or theology of education for the Orthodox Christian Church based on the art, theology, and life of the Byzantine icon. He is also the editor of three other books, and the author of journal articles and chapters in books on Orthodox Christian Religious Education, published both in English and Greek.