Hellenic College, an Orthodox Christian institution of higher learning, cultivates the intellectual, spiritual, and moral development of its students so that they might serve and contribute to society and the Church. - See more at: http://www.hchc.edu/about/#sthash.ew7gAKZf.dpuf
It’s not too late! Sign up to attend this exciting conference!
Speaking to Secular America: How the Church Is Reaching Out to the Non-Religious in Our Society, with a Keynote Address by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, is scheduled for October 28-30, 2015. This conference is in conjunction with the Installation of Hellenic College Holy Cross 21st President, Fr. Christopher Metropulos, Founding Father of the Orthodox Christian Network.
It will take place on the Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology campus, in Brookline, MA, and is open to the Public! Click here to register.
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
- Speaking to Secular America Keynote Address by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Hellenic College Holy Cross Reaching Out to the World Inauguration Address by Fr. Christopher T. Metropulos at his Installation as the 21st President of Hellenic College Holy Cross
- Welcome and Introduction Fr. Luke A. Veronis, Director of the Missions Institute of Orthodox Christianity, Adjunct Instructor at Hellenic College Holy Cross, Pastor of Sts. Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church, Webster, MA
- Understanding the Changing Demographics of Religion, Christianity, and Specifically Orthodox Christianity in America, Dr. Andrew Walsh, Associate Director Greenberg Center at Trinity College, Hartford, CT
- Creating a Church That Reaches Out and Welcomes the Non-Religious, Fr. Theodore Dorrance, Director of COME (Commission of Missions and Evangelism for the San Francisco Metropolis) and Pastor at St. John the Baptist GOC Beaverton, OR
- Raising Children Who Will Hold On to the Faith In Our Secular Age, Dr. Philp Mamalakis, Professor of Pastoral Care Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Inspiring the Apathetic and Reaching Out to the Nones and Dones, Fr John Parker, OCA Director of Missions and Evangelism, Pastor of Holy Ascension Orthodox Church, Charleston, SC
- An Orthodox Christian Response to Atheism, Dr. John Mark Reynolds, President of St. Constantine School, Former Provost and Professor of Philosophy at Houston Baptist University
- The God You Don’t Believe In – Conversations with a Secular World, Fr. Stephen Freeman, St. Anne Orthodox Church, Oak Ridge, TN, and author of the blog “Glory to God for All Things” and the book “Everywhere Present: Christianity in a One Story Universe”
The Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) is an official agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops. OCN offers videos, podcasts, blogs and music, to enhance Orthodox Christian life. Orthodox Seminary News supports the work done in Orthodox Christian seminaries, as they are the heart and future of the Orthodox priesthood and lay leadership. Widespread understanding of the mission and activities of our seminaries and their sacred work is an essential part of a healthy church.
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find the Orthodox Christian Network on Google+