Early Persecution of Christians
In part two of our month-long look at early Christianity with Dr. Eugenia Constantinou of the University of San Diego, we look at Jewish and Roman persecution.
* Tell us about the persecution of Christians during the first 3 centuries. Who or what did most of the persecuting?
* Were Christians seen by Jews as heretics or as a different religion?
* When did persecution switch from being predominantly Jewish to Roman?
* Why was Christianity seen as a threat to Roman stability – or was that not the reason to persecute them?
* How did these early persecutions shape the Church and her people?
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find the Orthodox Christian Network on Google+.