Shaped by a life of service to Christ’s Church, Fr. Christopher has dedicated himself to using all the tools God has placed at his disposal to spread the light of Orthodoxy across America. As Founding Father and host of the Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) and the “Come Receive The Light” national Orthodox Christian radio program, he shepherds a dynamic and rapidly expanding ministry bringing joy, hope, and salvation in Jesus Christ to millions of listeners on Internet and land-based radio around the world in more than 130 countries. Fr. Christopher lives in Brookline, MA and is the President of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology.
The Gospel of Matthew
1. Piety: Elements as described by Christ
- Common theme- do everything for the glory of God and not to be seen by men
- Almsgiving- do not sound the trumpets to be glorified by men. Your reward is known in Heaven to God
- Left hand – right hand ( remaining unaware)
- In a storeroom or quiet place to concentrate on God
- Use words of praise and prayer given and do not babble. The true God does not need to be cajoled by eloquence.
Since egotism and virtue are directly opposed to each other, they can never happily coexist in the soul (Origen). As fire and water cannot coexist.
“Alms may be given to be seen or not seen depending upon inward intent.” –John Chrysostom
“You who have offered nothing to God, what do you expect in return from God? Everything done on account of God is given to God and received by God.”–Anonymous