Shaped by a life of service to Christ’s Church, Fr. Christopher has dedicated himself to using all the tools God has placed at his disposal to spread the light of Orthodoxy across America. As Founding Father and host of the Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) and the “Come Receive The Light” national Orthodox Christian radio program, he shepherds a dynamic and rapidly expanding ministry bringing joy, hope, and salvation in Jesus Christ to millions of listeners on Internet and land-based radio around the world in more than 130 countries. Fr. Christopher lives in Brookline, MA and is the President of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology.
ENCOURAGEMENT TO FEARLESS WITNESS
“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his lord.” A disciple can expect at least the same persecution as their Lord received.
A disciple must resolve not to be afraid. A disciple should speak the truth, not fearing the slanders and lies of their opponents.
1. The Gospel must be fearlessly proclaimed to all- herald upon the housetops.
2. Christ comforts the disciples- If God’s providential care extends even to a sparrow how much more to His followers.
3. Christ then challenges His disciples to persevere in their mission- the truth He brings will separate the humble from the proud.
4. The world offers joy, happiness and fulfillment but at a price.
5. Encouraging words of Christ offered to the disciples.
He who welcomes the disciples welcomes Christ.