The Gospel of Matthew, Part 23
ENCOURAGEMENT TO FEARLESS WITNESS
“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his lord.” A disciple can expect at least the same persecution as their Lord received.
A disciple must resolve not to be afraid. A disciple should speak the truth, not fearing the slanders and lies of their opponents.
1. The Gospel must be fearlessly proclaimed to all- herald upon the housetops.
2. Christ comforts the disciples- If God’s providential care extends even to a sparrow how much more to His followers.
3. Christ then challenges His disciples to persevere in their mission- the truth He brings will separate the humble from the proud.
4. The world offers joy, happiness and fulfillment but at a price.
5. Encouraging words of Christ offered to the disciples.
He who welcomes the disciples welcomes Christ.