How the Faith Spread
Dr. Eugenia Constantinou of the University of San Diego joins us all this month for a 4-part series on the first 300 years of Christianity. In this first part, she looks at how and why Christianity was able to grow so quickly.
* Tell us about the spread of Christian ideas and beliefs during the years when the Epistles were written.
* Did Christianity spread primarily within Jewish circles during the first few centuries, or who were the main categories of what we would now call converts?
* Would those early Christians have defined themselves as converts or how did they see themselves?
* How closely connected were the various pockets of Christianity? In other words, how homogenous a group were early Christians?
* How did the belief that Christ was returning to Earth very soon affected the growth and the character of the early Christian Church?
* Why is it that Christianity was able to not only spread as quickly as it did but to also stay rooted in those areas?
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find the Orthodox Christian Network on Google+.