Shaped by a life of service to Christ’s Church, Fr. Christopher has dedicated himself to using all the tools God has placed at his disposal to spread the light of Orthodoxy across America. As Founding Father and host of the Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) and the “Come Receive The Light” national Orthodox Christian radio program, he shepherds a dynamic and rapidly expanding ministry bringing joy, hope, and salvation in Jesus Christ to millions of listeners on Internet and land-based radio around the world in more than 130 countries. Fr. Christopher lives in Brookline, MA and is the President of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology.
Fr. Anthony Messah of St. Timothy and St. Athanasius Church in Arlington, VA, begins our month-long look at human sexuality.
* What do we learn from Scripture about our sexuality?
* How do we embrace the gift of our sexuality without struggling against it as a passion?
* Why is it problematic to view sexuality as the biggest part of our personhood; as the primary thing that defines us?
* How does this emphasis on sex as our whole identity affect not only us, but also our relationship with others – including God?
* How does it affect our self-image when we post sexually-explicit images or stories of ourselves on social media?
* How does that affect our self image to be putting such an intimate piece of who we are out there for the world to see?
* How does that behavior affect our intimate relationships – both present and future?
We also speak today with Lea Povozhaev about her new book, When Russia Came to Stay. Listen to the full interview with Lea here.
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find the Orthodox Christian Network on Google+.