Sexuality and Self
Fr. Anthony Messah of St. Timothy and St. Athanasius Church in Arlington, VA, begins our month-long look at human sexuality.
* What do we learn from Scripture about our sexuality?
* How do we embrace the gift of our sexuality without struggling against it as a passion?
* Why is it problematic to view sexuality as the biggest part of our personhood; as the primary thing that defines us?
* How does this emphasis on sex as our whole identity affect not only us, but also our relationship with others – including God?
* How does it affect our self-image when we post sexually-explicit images or stories of ourselves on social media?
* How does that affect our self image to be putting such an intimate piece of who we are out there for the world to see?
* How does that behavior affect our intimate relationships – both present and future?
We also speak today with Lea Povozhaev about her new book, When Russia Came to Stay. Listen to the full interview with Lea here.
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find the Orthodox Christian Network on Google+.