OCN Attends Conference on Aging
OCN’s Dr. Keith Massey recently attended the fall conference of the Orthodox Christian Association of Medicine, Psychology, and Religion (OCAMPR). The conference theme was “The Clinical and Pastoral Care of the Aging Patient.” Listen below to hear the excellent presentations of conference speakers.
1. Keynote Address by His Grace, Bishop John (Abdalah) of Worchester and New England. His Grace has a Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling from the Pittsburg Theological Seminary and a Master of Divinity from St. Vladimir Seminary.
2. Michael Christakis, MD is the President of OCAMPR. Here he delivers the President’s Annual Message.
3. Helen C. Kales, MD delivers “Care of the Aging Patient: Medical Perspective.” Dr. Kales is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry and is the Director of the Section of Geriatric Psychiatry at the University of Michigan.
4. Brenda K. O’Reilly, PhD delivers “Care of the Aging Patient: Psychology Perspective.” Dr. O’Reilly is a Clinical Psychologist and a professional Christian Counselor.
5. Fr. Antony Ugolnik delivers “Care of the Aging Patient: Pastoral Perspective.” Fr Ugolnik is an Emeritus Professor of Ethics and Humanities at Frankin and Marshall College in Lancaster PA. He is the Pastor of Holy Ghost Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Coatesville, PA.
Bishop John’s Keynote address:
Michael Christakis’ Annual address: