The Ten Most Popular Orthodox Christian Photos
In today’s world of “crowdsourcing,” one hears a lot about the wisdom of crowds.
With over 210,000 fans on Facebook, the Orthodox Christian Network’s social media following represents a crowd of unusual size and wisdom.
In the last month or so, we’ve shared a number of beautiful photographs of Orthodox life throughout the world. Here are the top 10, as judged by number of likes.
1. You can’t judge a book by its cover.
2. The Holy Martyrs of China
For more information, see The Story of the Chinese Martyrs of the Boxer Rebellion.
3. “Become as a little child…” (Matthew 18:3)
4. The First Steps of Christ
5. “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” (John 1:5)
6. Fr. Efrem from Monastery Dervent in Romania
7. The Theotokos as Abbess of Mt. Athos
8. Monks on Mt. Athos Chant “Christ is risen!”
Watch a documentary on Mt Athos.
9. “The Prayer of an Expectant Mother” (2005) by Dmitry Petrov
Find out more about this young artist and his paintings in our review.
10. Gergeti Trinity Orthodox Church (14th century) in northern Georgia
Which is your favorite photo and why?