The Gospel of Matthew, Part 55
We must be good stewards- A third parable!
1. Each of us receives talents- what are we doing with them?
Time, Talent, Treasure, Trust
2. Be diligent in our spiritual lives and wait for Christ to return.
3. God’s gifts to us are many- talent was worth 6,000 denarii.
4. Second Coming- Settling of accounts will be done with each person by the Lord.
5. “Well done, good and faithful servant! You were faithful over a few things, I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord.”
6. Gifts we receive- are they ours or are they given by God’s Grace?
7. Punishment of not utilizing our talents seems harsh.
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find the Orthodox Christian Network on Google+