Shaped by a life of service to Christ’s Church, Fr. Christopher has dedicated himself to using all the tools God has placed at his disposal to spread the light of Orthodoxy across America. As Founding Father and host of the Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) and the “Come Receive The Light” national Orthodox Christian radio program, he shepherds a dynamic and rapidly expanding ministry bringing joy, hope, and salvation in Jesus Christ to millions of listeners on Internet and land-based radio around the world in more than 130 countries. Fr. Christopher lives in Brookline, MA and is the President of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology.
Presvytera Kerry Pappas joins us today to talk about what we can do to build a good marriage with our spouse, and what the Church can do to support marriage for all of us. Presvytera Kerry is the Coordinator for Seminarian and Clergy Couple Care for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Center for Family Care, and she also runs clergy marriage retreats.
- We all have our own ideas about what a good or ideal marriage is. But what is NECESSARY for a good marriage?
- What are some common misperceptions of what’s necessary for a good marriage? In other words, what are some things we THINK we need that we really don’t?
- What are some practices couples can put into place for regularly nurturing their marriages? Simple things we can do on a daily or weekly basis?
- Why are these small, frequent ways of connecting so important? Why can’t we just really make a big deal out of birthdays and Valentine’s day?
- What are some of the common bumps/challenges couples encounter in marriage, and how can they get through them?
Posted by the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find the Orthodox Christian Network on Google+.