Like many Orthodox Christians, you may be wondering about how to understand Christian Persecution and how to get involved. “The public is oblivious to what is going on in the birthplace of Christianity. It is horrifying; Martyrs are being made by the hundreds every day. The Christians Right and Freedom Ministry of St. Katherine Greek Orthodox Church has compiled a list of 8 recommended books that one must read:
1. ‘They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It’, by Brigitte Gabriel
5 Steps: How You Can Help in Defense of Persecuted Christians
The co-chairs of the Christian Rights and Freedom Ministry (Dr. Harry Dimopoulos, Archon Harry Demas and Richard Pappas) and Father Philemon Patitsas of St. Katherine Greek orthodox Church in Naples, FL invite your questions and involvement. The following 7 steps can assist you in ‘Uplifting Christ and Witnessing for Our Faith in the Face of Radical Extremism.
1. Preserve Our Christian Identity
- Align our minds and hearts with God’s calling. See Christ in others.
- Glorify God daily; PRAY, fast & give alms.
- Identify empathetically with the plight of persecuted Christians of the world.
2. Organize Ourselves for Success
- Establish Christian Rights and Freedom ministries in communities throughout America. Do you belong to one?
- Organize local events & initiatives to educate, advocate, defend & counteract the antagonists of our faith.
3. Educate Ourselves and Others
- ’Know Ourselves’ – Study our history, faith & culture
- Develop clear policy positions so the public knows where we stand.
- Expose misinformation to the light of truth.
4. Dialogue with the Public
- Network with people concerned about the rise of Islamofascism.
- Boycott producers of products that may be underwriting radical extremism & terrorism, such as oil produced by certain member states.
- Advocate for energy self-sufficiency for America, and alternative energy sourcing options.
- Advocate withholding foreign aid and military assistance to countries that are not aligned with our national interests.
5. Stand Up for Ourselves
- Establish “Anti-Defamation Teams’ to challenge offensive remarks.
- Petition officials who have the ability to influence public policy.
- Advocate for economic sanctions; exercise our freedom of assembly.
ABOUT THE ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN NETWORK
Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) is a 501(c)3 and an official agency of the Assembly of Canonical Bishops of the United States of America . It is a recognized leader in the Orthodox Media field and has sustained consistent growth over twenty-two years. We have worked to create a community for both believers and non believers alike by sharing the timeless faith of Orthodoxy with the contemporary world through modern media. Disclosure Policy. We are on a mission to inspire Orthodox Christians Worldwide. Click to signup to receive weekly newsletter.
Join us in our Media Ministry Missions! Help us bring the Orthodox Faith to the fingertips of Orthodox Christians worldwide! Your gift today will helps us produce and provide unlimited access to Orthodox faith-inspiring programming, services and community. Don’t wait. Share the Love of Orthodoxy Today!