Shaped by a life of service to Christ’s Church, Fr. Christopher has dedicated himself to using all the tools God has placed at his disposal to spread the light of Orthodoxy across America. As Founding Father and host of the Orthodox Christian Network (OCN) and the “Come Receive The Light” national Orthodox Christian radio program, he shepherds a dynamic and rapidly expanding ministry bringing joy, hope, and salvation in Jesus Christ to millions of listeners on Internet and land-based radio around the world in more than 130 countries. Fr. Christopher is the former President of Hellenic College Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology and Parish Priest of Saint Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
The Gospel of Matthew
1. Final example of righteous practices- focus on fasting
- No gloominess- well groomed
- Do not cover your face so as to be seen by men that you are fasting
- Anointing and washing
- Put things into priority
- This allows the fasting to be seen in Heaven by our heavenly Father.
2. Trust in God, not Wealth
- Do not build up treasures only on earth where moth and rust make riches disappear
3. Lamp of the body is the eyes
- Sound, healthy, sincere, single hearted
- Evil eyes is the opposite
4. Serving two master- problem for everyone
- Mammon- getting it, preserving it, multiplying it
5. Put your life into perspective
- Worry about body
- Worry about life
6. Issues of the day: health, clothing, shoes, suits, dresses, etc.
- Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of those lilies of the field.