I am an Orthodox Christian priest. I have been Orthodox my entire life and a priest since July 2007. From my perspective, in America at least, we have lost the functional understanding of our Orthodox Christian Faith. We must take seriously that our Traditions have purpose and are not a just a litany of tasks and obligations we must perform. To "boil down" the Faith to that creates an environment I believe is what the Apostle Paul taught against. Glory to God.
Join Father Athanasios Haros for a LIVE Bible Study on the Book of Acts at 7 p.m. EST Today, September 9, 2015.
- Click here to register and learn more about tuning in live!
This week, Father Athanasios will be discussing the Book of Acts 13.16 – 41 Homily 29. Click below to access the study guide.
About the Book of Acts
Based upon the homilies of St John Chrysostom “On the Acts of the Apostles”, each session features lecture and discussion, and includes a weekly “Life Application Challenge.” This is a special and unique experience you won’t want to miss.
- Every Wednesday Sep 2, 2015 – May 25, 2016
- EXCEPT Oct 21,Nov 11, Dec 23, Dec 30, Apr 27, May 11
- Please note, Parish emergencies may alter this schedule
- Curriculum: Each week features a homily from Saint John Chrysostom.
- September 2: Session 29 – Homily 28
- September 9, Session 30 -Homily 29
- Pre-Study – Father Athanasios will be sending the text for the study guide each week prior
to be included as weekly posts.
AboutFather Athanasios C. Haros
Father Athanasios C Haros is the Pastor at the Transfiguration of Our Savior Greek Orthodox Church in Florence, South Carolina. His sermon series, known as “Be Transfigured” are found each week on the Orthodox Christian Network. You can find more information about his parish at www.GoFlorence.org, and www.LiveANewLifeInChrist.org.