The 47th annual March for Life, the world’s largest annual human rights demonstration, will was held on January 24, 2020. The Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America sent a delegation to the annual March for Life. The event marks the 47th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion. Bishop Apostolos of Medeia led the delegation. He was joined by Metropolitan Tikhon, Archbishop Daniel, Archbishop Melchisedek, Bishop Thomas, Bishop Daniel and Bishop Paul.Bishop Apostolos also attended the National Prayer Vigil for Life at The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on Wednesday, January 23, the evening before the march.
The rally, attended by President Donald J. Trump, began at noon with a prayer offered by Bishop Apostolos on the National Mall at 12th Street. Orthodox Christian marchers gathered under the “Orthodox Christians for Life” banner and signs.
Orthodox Christians Joined Together at the March for Life 2020
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM: Pre-March Divine Liturgy at St. Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral (3500 Massachusetts Ave NW DC)
Those of you attended be sure to tag @myOCN on Social Media.
** New this year. Orthodox Christian opt-in to receive texts for day-of updates on gathering location. Text “MARCHFORLIFE” to (844) 334-5548. Also we will keep you updated on Facebook Event Page.
More Orthodox Christian Information and Resources
- Watch Dr. Timothy Patitsas, Professor of Ethics as he discusses the Sanctity of Life.
- What is the Place of Oikonomia in the Abortion Question?
- Watch Archived Interview with Metropolitan Tikhon speaking previously about March for Life.
- Listen to Come Receive the Light interview with Laura Paulus, Executive Director of Martha and Mary Maternity House in Chicago
- Zoe for Life: An Orthodox Christian Initiative