We are looking for a Fundraising Intern! This candidate will work with the development team. This person will also have the opportunity to assist in the creation and mailing of fundraising materials for events and donor engagement opportunities. Their responsibilities will also include providing general support to the development team. During this internship you will gain experience in donor relations, campaign strategy, team collaboration and much more!
Duration: May to September with flexible start and end dates.
Hours: 5 hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
Compensation: This will be an unpaid internship for those seeking community service hours or College credit.
- Help prepare promotional materials for events
- Take part in campaign strategy and creation
- Assist with prospect research and data entry
- Assist with Thank You donor engagements
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong internet skills
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Experience in marketing and communications or development a plus.
How To Apply: Write us and tell us why you are a great fit for the OCN and this opportunity. Please send your resume as well as a link to examples of your work that would be relevant to this position. You can email us at email@example.com with the subject Fundraising Intern.
* Must live in the DC Metro area.